Recipe by oriana
this recipe comes from a famous chef mums favourites cookbook this recipe is Iren Kurek's mum's.
- 1 kg medium potato (desiree's)
- 6 eggs
- 100 g streaky bacon, unsliced
- 100 g ham, off bone or 100 g smoked pork sausage
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes in salted water until cooked ( iprefer to peel them first but you can peel them after boiling).
- hard boil 5 eggs.
- dice bacon finely and fry.
- drain off fat.
- cut ham into 5mm squares or sausage slice into coins.
- spoon sour cream into a jar and break in 1 egg and beat lightly with fork.
- coat bottom of casserole dish with butter and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- slice potatoes into 5mm thick rounds shell eggs and slice with egg slicer.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- place one layer of potatoes on bottom of pan sprinkle with salt.
- follow with layer of eggs then layer of ham and bacon or sliced sausage.
- spoon over third of sour cream mixture.
- repeat until all used.
- leaving enough potatoes for top layer.
- sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for 30 minute.