Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Northern Italian classic, polenta, is paired up with savory sausage, spinach and cheeses for a dish that is not only hearty & delicious, but eye-catching. Perfect for wowing any crowd.
- 2 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 lb fresh Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb delallo mortadella
- 1⁄4 lb delallo pancetta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) boxdelallo instant polenta
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 3 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil
- In a saucepan of medium-high heat, sauté fresh sausage with 2 tablespoons olive oil and clove of garlic. Cook until brown. Discard garlic clove.
- Pulse sausage, mortadella and pancetta, separately. Combine and set aside.
- Steam spinach, just until wilted. Drain well and chop roughly.
- Have loaf pan greased and ingredients prepared, as polenta will start to harden quickly.
- Bring 4 1/2 cups of water to a rapid boil. Salt to taste. Add polenta to water by whisking in slowly. Stir in 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan and 1/4 stick of butter. Cook until mixture has thickened about 1 minute.
- Layer in loaf pan: 1/3 polenta mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, meat mixture, then top with spinach. Top with another 1/3 of polenta mixture, then remaining mozzarella. Cover with the rest of the polenta and chill for 1-2 hours or until set.
- To serve: preheat oven to 375Ëš. Flip loaf pan to remove terrine, then slice. On a shallow, non-stick baking sheet, arrange slices and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed and cheese melted.
- Serve with a salad of torn burrata and cherry tomatoes in olive oil.