1/1 Photo of Layered Polenta Loaf With Italian Sausage & Cheese
DeLallo Foods's Note:
The Northern Italian classic, polenta, is paired up with savory sausage, spinach and cheeses for a dish that is not only hearty & delicious, but eye-catching. Perfect for wowing any crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 lb fresh Italian sausage
- 1/4 lb delallo mortadella
- 1/4 lb delallo pancetta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) box delallo instant polenta
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons delallo extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 1In a saucepan of medium-high heat, sauté fresh sausage with 2 tablespoons olive oil and clove of garlic. Cook until brown. Discard garlic clove.
- 2Pulse sausage, mortadella and pancetta, separately. Combine and set aside.
- 3Steam spinach, just until wilted. Drain well and chop roughly.
- 4Have loaf pan greased and ingredients prepared, as polenta will start to harden quickly.
- 5Bring 4 1/2 cups of water to a rapid boil. Salt to taste. Add polenta to water by whisking in slowly. Stir in 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan and 1/4 stick of butter. Cook until mixture has thickened about 1 minute.
- 6Layer in loaf pan: 1/3 polenta mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, meat mixture, then top with spinach. Top with another 1/3 of polenta mixture, then remaining mozzarella. Cover with the rest of the polenta and chill for 1-2 hours or until set.
- 7To serve: preheat oven to 375Ëš. Flip loaf pan to remove terrine, then slice. On a shallow, non-stick baking sheet, arrange slices and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed and cheese melted.
- 8Serve with a salad of torn burrata and cherry tomatoes in olive oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Polenta Loaf With Italian Sausage & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 621.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: