Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
A healthy dessert for 1 or 2 featuring my old favorite pineapple and seasonal stand-out pureed pumpkin. Cooking time is really chilling time.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Place a small bowl in a larger bowl containing hot water.
- In the small bowl, whisk together the gelatin and juice until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Blend together the pumpkin through the honey plus the gelatin mixture.
- Spread 1/4 of the blended mixture in the bottom of 2 custard cups or 1 larger dish.
- Top with 1/4 cup of pineapple; repeat layers 3 more times.
- Chill 1 hour.
I prefer not to give stars bcz we found the two flavor combos not to our liking. I reduced the pumpkin pie spice to 1 tsp (I think 1 T was a typo!) and the sugar was not in the directions, so I put it in with the pumpkin. This was for Zaar Tag. I wonder what it would taste like with a different fruit instead of pineapple. Hmmm... If I try a different one, I'll come back and revise! It didn't seem like the unflavored gelatin helped to set it up. Not sure if more would help?