Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My love of lemons drew me to this recipe, found in the July 2010 Best Recipes cookbooklet, Kraft Philadelphia Desserts and More. Preparation time does not include the 2-3 hours needed for the assembled pie to set & firm up in the refrigerator. Using lite, reduced-fat & fat-free ingredients in this recipe is not a problem!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk, cold
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar with a whisk until well blended, then stir in the Cool Whip & HALF of the crushed pineapple, before spreading this mixture into the crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix & milk, blending for 2 minutes; The mixture will be thick. Stir in the remaining pineapple, then spoon this mixture over the pie filling. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until chilled.
This pie is excellent. I can't believe no reviews have been posted. I think the word "layered"is hindering the number of hits compared to just Pineapple cheesecake or lemon pineapple cheesecake. Followed the recipe exactly and was rewarded with a GREAT pie. I usually send what is left home with my kids, but not this time!! Already thinking about subbing fresh strawberries with chocolate pudding. Thanks for a great summer recipe.