Recipe by Sydney Mike
My love of lemons drew me to this recipe, found in the July 2010 Best Recipes cookbooklet, Kraft Philadelphia Desserts and More. Preparation time does not include the 2-3 hours needed for the assembled pie to set & firm up in the refrigerator. Using lite, reduced-fat & fat-free ingredients in this recipe is not a problem!
Top Review by elleninchico
This pie is excellent. I can't believe no reviews have been posted. I think the word "layered"is hindering the number of hits compared to just Pineapple cheesecake or lemon pineapple cheesecake. Followed the recipe exactly and was rewarded with a GREAT pie. I usually send what is left home with my kids, but not this time!! Already thinking about subbing fresh strawberries with chocolate pudding. Thanks for a great summer recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar with a whisk until well blended, then stir in the Cool Whip & HALF of the crushed pineapple, before spreading this mixture into the crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix & milk, blending for 2 minutes; The mixture will be thick. Stir in the remaining pineapple, then spoon this mixture over the pie filling. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until chilled.