Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't care for the one....everyone else makes with peas and mayo...I found this in a Pillsbury cook book (the kind you buy at the market check out lines) It really has all the flavors I like! I'm making this for our next potluck at work..because it works well, after sitting a few hours.
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli slaw mix
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, dranined and rinsed
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (your favorite..fresh or bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a 5 to 6 quart clear glass bowl, layer lettuce, broccoli slaw mix, carrots, bell pepper, beans, cheese and tomatoes.
- In small bowl, mix mayo, dressing and Italian seasoning. Spread over top of salad.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- If desired toss before serving.
This is all the ingredients we like as well so I wasn't surprised that we loved it! Followed your directions used sliced cherry tomatoes. For the dressing part of the italian seasoning I used one I found on zaar. A very tasty dish and one that has eye appeal. Thanks Katie for a summertime favorite salad!
What a wonderful change from the standard green pea and mayo layered salad! We ate this salad at an outdoor James Taylor concert with muffaletta sandwiches...it was the perfect picnic food. Love the chick pea (our family calls them "mouse bellies") and mozzarella cheese adaptation. Will make this again for Labor Day picnics.
This was a nice change from the standard layered salad and our guests at a recent party enjoyed it. I made as posted except to use sliced in half cherry tomatoes for the plum tomatoes. Thanks for posting!