Linda Thomas's Note:
This big and tasty sandwich, inspired by a New York deli, is a favorite at our football parties or any gathering. Kids and adults both say it's super.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves unsliced Italian bread (1 lb. each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 lb deli roast beef
- 3/4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced salami
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1/2 lb roasted deli chicken
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cut loaves in half horizontally and hollow out tops and bottoms, leaving 1/2" of bread in shells. Discard removed bread.
- 2Combine oil and garlic; brush inside bread shells.
- 3Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 4Layer bottom of each loaf with a fourth of the roast beef, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, salami, artichokes, salad greens, chicken and onion. Repeat layers.
- 5Season with salt, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and drizzle with remaining oil mixture if desired.
- 6Replace bread tops; wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- 7Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Picnic Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 668.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: