Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This big and tasty sandwich, inspired by a New York deli, is a favorite at our football parties or any gathering. Kids and adults both say it's super.
- 2 loaves unsliced Italian bread (1 lb. each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 lb deli roast beef
- 3⁄4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced salami
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) packageready-to-serve salad greens
- 1⁄2 lb roasted deli chicken
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut loaves in half horizontally and hollow out tops and bottoms, leaving 1/2" of bread in shells. Discard removed bread.
- Combine oil and garlic; brush inside bread shells.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Layer bottom of each loaf with a fourth of the roast beef, mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, salami, artichokes, salad greens, chicken and onion. Repeat layers.
- Season with salt, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and drizzle with remaining oil mixture if desired.
- Replace bread tops; wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing. Enjoy!