Recipe by Pam-I-Am
I found this delicious dip recipe on a box of Wheat Thins. The taste is so amazing and elegant. If I didn't know better, I would have thought there was wine in the recipe. I tried each layer seperately and they were good - but perfect together on a cracker. The photo shown is what this recipe makes....for company, I would double it if I were you. Pesto and Red Pepper...a great combination now in my book!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper (found in a jar in pickle dept.)
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (Di Giorno Brand)
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Place half of the cream cheese, pesto and milk in a blender or food processor - blend until smooth.
- Remove and place into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Clean out blender/food processor.
- Place half (4 oz) of the cream cheese and the red peppers in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend 30 to 40 seconds until smooth.
- Place red pepper mixture on top of the pesto mixture.
- Place in a the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with Wheat Thins or your choice of crackers. You can dip the crackers in the dip or use a spreader.
- Note: Makes 9 servings of 2 Tablespoons each. If you want to make a larger serving for a party, double recipe.