This is a very good salad to take to a potluck or a picnic. Men really like this salad. It is from, "BELL's BEST", a cook book with so many good recipes. I say it serves 8-10 or one hungry husband.
- 1 1⁄2 cups medium pasta shells
- 1 tbals. vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons zesty sweet mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen peas, thawed
- Cook the shells according to package. Drain and rinse.
- Toss the shells with the oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, layer lettuce, shells ham, eggs, peas, and cheese.
- Combine rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread over the salad, sealing to the edge of the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Toss before serving.
This was quite good. Made it and brought to a friends bbq. The only thing that didn't go over well was the lettuce in it, so next time I'll leave it out.