1/2 Photos of Layered Pasta Ricotta Pie
1 hr 20 mins
This is such a beautiful dinner! I especially like making it around the holidays cuz the layers are basically red, and green. But it's great any time! A good way to sneak in some vegies for the kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break vermicelli into thirds and cook,& drain.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Mix with vermicelli, 1/2 Cup Romano and 1 egg.
- 3Press into bottom of well greased 9" springform pan.
- 4Mix 2 egg yolks, ricotta, spinach, and 1/2 cup romano.
- 5Spread over pasta layer.
- 6Beat 2 egg whites till stiff. Fold in 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce.Pour on top.
- 7Bake at 350º 50-60 minute till set.
- 8Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- 9Garnish with heated leftover sauce and parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Pasta Ricotta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.7 mg
- Sodium 577.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g