Recipe by Charmie777
This is such a beautiful dinner! I especially like making it around the holidays cuz the layers are basically red, and green. But it's great any time! A good way to sneak in some vegies for the kids.
- 1⁄4 lb vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Break vermicelli into thirds and cook,& drain.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Mix with vermicelli, 1/2 Cup Romano and 1 egg.
- Press into bottom of well greased 9" springform pan.
- Mix 2 egg yolks, ricotta, spinach, and 1/2 cup romano.
- Spread over pasta layer.
- Beat 2 egg whites till stiff. Fold in 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce.Pour on top.
- Bake at 350º 50-60 minute till set.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with heated leftover sauce and parsley sprigs.