Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A favorite recipe from a favorite Aunt. This is an easy and tasty make-ahead salad. Times do not include overnight time.
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a 10x10x2" casserole dish layer lettuce, celery, peas, green onion, water chestnuts in listed order.
- Combine mayonnaise and sugar. Spread over layered ingredients.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese to taste.
- Place in refterator overnight.