Recipe by Catnip46
This recipes comes from a 1992 United Way Cookbook. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. A combination of chopped nuts and water chestnuts can be used in the topping if desired.
- 3⁄4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted cashews, peanuts or 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
Zippy Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; mix well. Gradually stir in remaining sauce ingredients; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently. Cool. In small bowl; combine cream cheese and milk; beat until smooth and fluffy. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of 10 inch round serving dish. Spoon topping evenly over cream cheese. Drizzle with 1/4 to 1/2 cup sauce. Serve with crackers. To store remaining sauce, cover; refrigerate.