Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The crunch of the almonds and tang of the olives against the oranges is so refreshing.
- 3 oranges, peeled, sliced
- 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped, toasted
- 3 tablespoons manzanilla olives or 3 tablespoons other green olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- Layer orange slices on a platter in rows. Toss almonds, olives, parsley, vinegar, oil, honey and onion in a bowl.
- Spoon over oranges.
This is a really great recipe if you like the combination of sweet and savory. The dressing and the oranges are sweet, while the olives are salty. The use of fresh parsley really makes the dish "pop". This would taste good no matter what flavor vinegar you used or which olives. Made for ZWT #5.
I made this recipe so I could snag a photo for my teammate, Studentchef, who had camera trouble when she made it. I was a little skeptical about oranges and olives together, but volunteered to take the photo for her. Wow, am I ever glad I did! The orange and olive meld together into a flavor that's hard to describe, but somehow not at all like an olive or an orange. It is just like heaven, however. This is going into my regular lunch rotation. Made for Dining Daredevils for ZWT V.
Reviewing for Zaar World Tour 5. This is a great recipe, and has alot of my favourite ingredients, which are oranges, almonds, parsley, and green olives. The sherry wine vinegar that I used is really nice, and adding the honey is awesome. Essentially, you can't go wrong with this recipe.