Recipe by cellogirl2
This could probably be served at a Superbowl party or any party, for that matter. It looks like a wonderfully tasty appetizer.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas, 6 inches each
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and garlic and sauté until browned, 5 minutes, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Cut tortillas into quarters.
- Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon refried beans on each piece, then top with 2 teaspoons beef filling and 2 to 3 teaspoons cheese.
- Bake 7 or 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are slightly crisp.