Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This should serve around 8-10 people, it is so good! I use my guacamole Really Easy and Good Creamy Guacamole for this recipe, but you most certainly can use your own favorite recipe for the guacamole...the ingredient amounts can be adjusted to suit taste, and the complete recipe may be doubled. The taco sauce can be replaced with mild or medium salsa if desired, and the green olives may be replaced with sliced black, but this does taste better using the green olives. You may brown the ground beef and layer with the beans, chilies, cheese and taco sauce in the baking dish hours or even a day in advance, refrigerate then just bake before topping with remaining ingredients, although you will have to increase the cooking time slightly. Be certain to purchase a big bag of tortilla chips, you will need them!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 (30 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, drained and diced
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided and to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups taco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 large firm tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olive (or to taste)
- In a frypan, brown the beef with onion and garlic; drain fat.
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish (or similar size) spread the cooked ground beef in the bottom of the dish.
- Top/layer with refried beans, then chilies, 2 cups cheddar cheese and then taco sauce.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare a double guacamole recipe#71842 (or use your favorite).
- Add in garlic salt, and mix to combine.
- Remove the ground beef mixture from oven; cool 5-6 minutes.
- Top with the prepared guacamole, then sour cream, chopped tomatoes, olives and then remaining 2 cups cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This is very tasty and easy to make. I love to dip my chips in this.