Recipe by cookingpompom
From the "Southern Living Christmas cookbook". I am keeping it here for safe keeping. This recipe can also be cooked in the microwave to speed things up.
Top Review by Susie D
All diners raved over this recipe! I made a half recipe using one can of fat free refried beans. I added shredded lettuce & garnished with chopped cilantro. There were far more than 5 dip size servings. We used the extra for to make burritoes the next day. This would be a nice dip for Game Day or a tailgating party. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) sachet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- 8 ounces prepared guacamole
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces chopped olives
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the first 3 ingredients together: spread inot a greased 11 x7 inch baking tray.
- Bake at 350oF for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more. (or microwave this step).
- Spread the guacamole over the cheese. Spread the sour cream over the guacamole.
- Top evenly with green onions, olives and tomato.
- Serve warm with corn or tortilla chips.