Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pretty layered dessert doesn't only look good, it's also delicious! The serving size depends on your parfait glass/dessert bowl size. This dessert looks best in individual tall narrow dishes.
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix, unprepared
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite or 2 cups Dream Whip, prepared
- 3 small bananas (2 mashed or pureed, 1 sliced into 12 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker, crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup
- sugar-free chocolate syrup
- graham cracker
- fresh cherries (optional)
- Prepare chocolate pudding by combining 1 pkg of dry pudding with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup brewed coffee. Whisk until thickened. Set aside.
- Mash 2 bananas thoroughly with a fork, or briefly puree in a food processor. With a spatula fold mashed banana into the cool whip. Set aside.
- Now it is time to start layering! Start with adding about 2.5 tbsp of pudding on the bottom of each dish. Then layer on one slice of banana then about 1/2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs, then about 1/2 tbsp of chocolate syrup, finally add about 3 tbsp of banana cool whip. Repeat layers once more.
- On top of the last banana cool whip layer, drizzle on some chocolate syrup then place on a cherry and a piece of graham cracker.
- Store in the fridge until serving time. Enjoy!
I think something might be wrong with the recipe amounts. Either it needs more pudding mix or less liquid. My pudding did not set up in the least, it stayed liquid. Therefore, my layers did not "layer" but rather just kind of fell in to the liquid layers. The flavors were okay but I still couldn't eat this the way it presented. I might try to use 1/2 the amount of liquid if I were to try this again. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 09.
This was good but the pudding wouldn't set up for nothing. I stirred,whisked,beat an refrigerated....nothing. I finally just put everything together because I gave up. It tasted very good but wasn't very pretty. Thanks for posting.