Recipe by Lainey6605
If you like mint, you'll love this fudge. I got it from Taste of Home. The prep and cook times do not include cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla chips or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth (mixture will be thick). Remove from heat.
- Add peppermint extract and food coloring; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves spreading consistency; spread over mint layer. Cover; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.