Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like mint, you'll love this fudge. I got it from Taste of Home. The prep and cook times do not include cooling time.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread half of the mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt vanilla chips and remaining milk over low heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until smooth (mixture will be thick). Remove from heat.
- Add peppermint extract and food coloring; stir for 3-4 minutes or until creamy. Spread evenly over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Heat reserved chocolate mixture over low heat until mixture achieves spreading consistency; spread over mint layer. Cover; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.
I have been making this fudge for years. It is a wonderful recipe and a huge hit with my family. It tastes like Andes candy but better.
Oh so fudgy! I loved the texture of this fudge as it was much softer than other fudges that I make. My mint layer didn't seem to get as firm as the chocolate so it oozed out the edges a bit - but was so very good. Can't beat chocolate and mint together - was a great addition to my Xmas cookies!
Dd and I made this after lunch! It is delicious!! I actually used cut up Dove dark chocolates as I had bought a bunch on sale after Halloween. It came out beautiful, too! I did each layer in the microwave on 70% power for 1 minute, stir, then 20-30 seconds, stirring each time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!