Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from my local TV station's web site. It was a big hit with my co-workers on party day.
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place 1/2 the lettuce in bottom of serving dish.
- Layer salsa, beans, and squash over lettuce.
- Place cucumber over squash, sprinkle with olives.
- Top with remaining lettuce.
- Dressing: Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, and lemon juice.
- Spread evenly on top of salad.
- Sprinkle with cheese and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
LOVED THIS! I made a half a batch and it made 3 huge dinner size salads. You could easily serve this to 4 folks with some taco meat or BBQ chicken or leftover fajita meat on top too! I am putting this one in the favorites folder. The only changes I made were to add some corn (and would do it again), used half zucchini and half yellow squash, and to the creamy dressing I added a little chili pepper, cumin and oregano. Awesome vegetarian food. Thanks for sharing.
This was FANTASTIC, I had never tried a mexican salad before, now I know what I was missing! Even though it didn't contain sour cream it really tasted like it was added. What a wonderful flavor. Next time I'll remove the cucumber seeds, or cut them into thicker slices, because that evening the cukes were weeping. Thank You Jacqueline30!!
Wonderful, delicious, salad! It makes a huge amount so I would cut in half next time, hated to throw it away but by the next day it was fairly soggy. Probably a good idea to cut all veggies thick. Will keep this recipe handy at all times, everyone raved about the flavor. Thank you!