Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am not sure where this recipe came from but it sure is good for that really hot day when you don't feel like cooking
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 295.73 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped coriander leaves, approx
- 420 g can Mexican chili beans
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, extra chopped
- 150 g thinly sliced rare roast beef, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 240 g packet corn chips
SOUR CREAM DRESSING
- 78.07 ml light sour cream
- 29.58 ml sweet chili sauce
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 29.58 ml water
- Place half the torn lettuce leaves in dish; top with sliced tomato, 3/4 cup of the cheese, then combined coriander and beans.
- Top with remaining lettuce; drizzle with sour cream dressing.
- Combine onion and extra tomato in bowl; sprinkle over lettuce.
- Top with remaining cheese, roast beef and avocado.
- Arrange corn chips around the edge of the bowl.
- Sour Cream dressing: Combine all ingredients in small bowl- mix well.
This made a lovely lunch! I omitted the meat and added some fresh mushrooms. This was filling and good! Thanks Latchy!
Very nice change of pace for those casual dinners. I fryed 1 lb of lean ground beef with taco seasonings, and used that instead of the roast beef. I also added a thinly sliced red pepper for added color and flavour. The dressing is awsome! Even my kids ate this up, hurray!!!Thanks for the great recipe Latchy!
This is a wonderfully simple salad to prepare and it tastes delicious! I omitted the meat, just my personal choice. Latchy thank youu for a great recipe that I will continue using!