Recipe by Susie in Texas
This is always the first to go at parties! Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
Top Review by troys.toy
I made this recipe for a Christmas party - everyone said it was a little bland, and I actually ended up throwing 3/4 of it out. If there had been a layer of picante sauce, it would probably have made it so much better. It did look festive, though! May try it again, but will definitely "tweak" it a little bit.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup yogurt (plain)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 3 avocados, mash avocados with lemon juice to prevent darkening
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Grated
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer refried beans on bottom of a quiche dish or other flat sided dish.
- Combine yogurt and sour cream with taco seasoning and refrigerate until ready to layer.
- Mash avocados, sprinkling with the lemon juice, combining till smooth then layer on top of refried beans.
- Add the sour cream mixture on top of the avocado layer.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Sprinkle tomato pieces over the cheese.
- Last layer is the chopped onion, if using.
- Serve with dipping chips.