Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
If I remember correctly, I got this recipe from a book by Dianne Mott Davidson, a mystery writer who wrote about a caterer and included recipes. People are always asking for the recipe!! I've added a personal touch here or there, but it's mostly the same I think.
- 1 (16 ounce) canspicy fat-free refried beans
- 2 ripe avocados
- 16 ounces sour cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons salsa (I use Pace medium)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (I buy the pre-shredded bag of unseasoned mexican cheeses)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 6 scallions, chopped
- sliced black olives, if you can stand them, I don't use them, he he
- Layer in the bottom of pan (I use the disposable foil 13x9 inches pan, have also used 2 disposable pie plates.) the can of refried beans.
- Make guacamole by mashing with a fork or in food processor the 2 avacados with the salsa, onion, lemon juice and 1/4 Cup sour cream. Place guacamole layer on top of beans.
- Spread rest of sour cream over guacamole.
- Sprinkle cheese layer over sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and then scallions over cheese. (Olives too, if you like em).
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies, soooo good.