Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I got on the weight watchers web site. It is SO GOOD and only 6 points for a hearty serving. Even if you aren't watching your weight, it is a great and filling dish.
- 5 dashes olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one second sprays, 1 serving)
- 2 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 medium corn tortillas, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 cup salsa, mild,medium or hot
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken.
- Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface.
- Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
- Serve with salsa on the side.
This is delicious! I reduced the recipe down for two and used 1 chicken breast and a whole can of red kidney beans, as I'm not sure what black beans are. I also mixed the salsa in with the sour cream instead of serving it on the side and it was great. 30 minutes cooking time was perfect. Thanks, we really enjoyed this!
This has become a family favorite. We all love it. The only changes I make is I cut back on the sour cream and throw the salsa in with the chicken mixture. Very yummy. Thanks for posting! Amy
I have to say that this was great. My DH ate almost a 3rd of the casserol in one sitting. DD wouldn't eat it, but that is typical for a 3 yr old. I really enjoyed it. I made it the night before and reheated it the next day. It reheats well. Thanks for the great recipe, DH couldn't believe it;s low fat.