This is a recipe I got on the weight watchers web site. It is SO GOOD and only 6 points for a hearty serving. Even if you aren't watching your weight, it is a great and filling dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 dashes olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one second sprays, 1 serving)
- 2 lbs uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 medium corn tortillas, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 cup salsa, mild,medium or hot
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- 3Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken.
- 4Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain.
- 6When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 7Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- 8Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface.
- 9Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- 11Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
- 13Serve with salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Mexican Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 663.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 29.8 g