Recipe by DrGaellon
This Mexican "lasagna" will last up to five days in the fridge. Weight Watchers: 6 points per serving
- olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies, two 4-oz cans
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 medium corn tortillas, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in medium saucepan and fill with enough cold water just to cover chicken. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes; drain. When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and add beans, sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, chilies, cumin, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange half of tortillas in bottom of prepared lasagna pan, overlapping pieces to cover surface. Top tortillas with half of chicken mixture, layer with remaining tortillas and then top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve with salsa on the side.