Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Family loves Tex-Mex, easy casserole to throw together. I have made this with taco seasoned ground beef and/or diced chicken. To go meatless occasionally, I make it this way.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9 casserole dish.
- Tear tortillas into small squares.
- Arrange at the bottom of dish, to form layer.
- Pour can of beans on top, add cooked rice to top of beans, another layer of torn tortillas.
- Mix sour cream and rotel together.
- Pour on top of torn tortillas, top with desired amount of cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes covered.
This is very good. It goes together very quickly and easily, so you are in and out of the kitchen in a hurry (my kind of recipe). I added 2 cups of diced, cooked chicken which I had seasoned with some chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Also, I used 4-cheese Mexican cheese blend instead of the cheddar. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this recipe...it is definitely a keeper!