Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this at my dad's 50th surprise birthday party over ten years ago! I went home that weekend and made my own version. You can layer pretty much whatever you want - diced tomatoes, lettuce (I don't use lettuce because it doesn't stay crisp when you have leftovers), etc., in whatever amounts you want. Tastes best if you prepare it the night before and it "marinates" over night. Also tastes great heated and spread on a tortilla for fast burritos!
- 1 (10 ounce) can refried beans (Taco Bell brand is really creamy, and comes fat-free!)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream, approximately
- 1 cup guacamole, approximately (see "World's Smoothest Guacamole" recipe", or can use prepared dip)
- 1 jar salsa, approximately
- 1 -2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (Kraft and Sargento make one, as does Wal-Mart's shelf-brand, Great Value)
- 1 can sliced black olives (if you like olives, add more!)
- Combine refried beans and taco seasoning in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread seasoned refried beans in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Layer with remaining ingredients.