Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Mexican bake, ready quickly. From Kraft Foods.
Make and share this Layered Mexican Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 3 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat with onions and peppers in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute.
- Add salsa and corn; mix well. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto bottom of 8 or 9-inch square baking dish; top with layers of 1 tortilla, 1/2 cup meat sauce, sour cream and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover with 1 tortilla, 1 cup of remaining meat sauce and 1/4 cup of remaining cheese; top with remaining tortilla and meat sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes or until casserole is heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered 5 minutes or until melted.
- May garnish with chopped cilantro or green onions just before serving.
This was excellent. I used elk. I loved how easy and tasty this was! My kids inhaled it! Thank you for sharing such a delicious recipe! xo LA :-)