Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
a very good maple sugar Canadian dessert. Just oozzing with cream and sugar.
- 1 pint whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 lb maple sugar, grated
sour cream dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 beaten egg
- Prepare sour cream dough first.
- Sour cream dough-- instructions-- cut butter into flour and baking powder add egg and sour cream Divide dough into two balls.
- You may chill, or use immediately.
- Divide one ball of chilled dough into two pieces.
- Roll out one ball of dough as thin as possible roll out so that it will cover the length of a 9 x 13 inch glass pan.
- Prick all over with fork.
- Lay one piece on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle some grated maple sugar over .
- Pour some whipping cream over the sugar.
- Roll out the second half of the dough , prick and place another thin strip of dough on top, again sprinkle maple sugar, and pour cream over.
- Roll out the next ball of dough and again make two long strips.
- place one more on top, sprinkle with sugar, and pour cream over.
- Cover the last with the final piece of dough and seal all around.
- Seal trying to keep the cream under the dough.
- It should not seep to the top.
- Bake 400 degrees F.
- for 35 minutes.
- Watch so that it doesn't get too brown.
- Let it cool and then slice into squares.
- serves 12.