Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Comfort food at its best.
Make and share this Layered Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of the cooked macaroni in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Repeat the layers; top with the remaining macaroni.
- Reserve the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended; pour over the macaroni.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, or until heated through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the paprika.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for dinner for myself and my sisters. We thought it was just ok. We are used to a more creamy mac & cheese. I'm sorry.
Good, but 4 cups of cheese for 1/2 pound of macaroni seemed a bit much, so I only used 2 cups.