1/2 Photos of Layered Mac 'n Cheese Italiano
This recipe is amazing!!!!!!!!!!Total comfort food. I found it in a "sensible Pasta recipes" booklet. This is definitely being added to my "favorites list". And quick and easy to boot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese or 1 3/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package light cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup regular chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together ricotta cheese, light cream cheese, broth, parmesan cheese and seasonings; heat until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- 2DO NOT BOIL.
- 3Heat oven to 375°F.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 5Heat spaghetti sauce.
- 6Toss hot pasta and ricotta sauce; spread into 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 7Spoon spaghetti sauce over top, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Mac 'n Cheese Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 563.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese