Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is amazing!!!!!!!!!!Total comfort food. I found it in a "sensible Pasta recipes" booklet. This is definitely being added to my "favorites list". And quick and easy to boot!
- 1 3⁄4 cups fat-free ricotta cheese or 1 3⁄4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package light cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup regular chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together ricotta cheese, light cream cheese, broth, parmesan cheese and seasonings; heat until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat spaghetti sauce.
- Toss hot pasta and ricotta sauce; spread into 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over top, covering pasta completely; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Very tasty and easy indeed! I cut it down to 4 servings (as I am just cooking for myself and my husband, and 10 servings would make WAY too much) and used an 8x8 square baking dish, which was just perfect for it. Also I used more mozzarella, but I like my cheese! Thanks for a terrific recipe!
This was quite tasty!! Easy to prepare and all ingredients I had in my cupboards! Used home-made spaghetti sauce and a bit of tomato sauce. Thanks cookin4my3boys!
A wonderful recipe! I cut the recipe waaaay down since it was just me for lunch. I used fat free cottage cheese for the ricotta, light chive cream cheese & milk for the broth. I also used italian seas for the parsley & whole wheat mini penne for the macaroni. It reminded me of "chicken capri" recipe from this site except this took less time to cook! I also mixed 1/2 cup shredded chicken into the sauce. So yummy! Thank u!