1 hr 20 mins
This cake is so yummy! I found it online at a Hawai'i wedding site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package moist yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups lilikoi juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Lilikoi Chiffon Frosting
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lilikoi juice (concentrate, thawed, undiluted)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Lilikoi Gel Topping
- 1To make cake:.
- 2Bake cake according to package directions substituting lilikoi juice for water.
- 3For chiffon:.
- 4Beat egg yolks and sugar until lemon-colored; add Lilikoi juice, place in saucepan and cook over low-to-medium heat until thick, about 8 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and chill.
- 6Whip cream and vanilla, then fold into Lilikoi mixture.
- 7Frost sides of cake; cover top with Lilikoi topping.
- 8Makes enough to frost one cake.
- 9If layering an 11-by-13-inch cake, double this recipe.
- 10For Gel Topping:.
- 11Mix cornstarch with water to dissolve all lumps.
- 12Add salt, Lilikoi and lemon juices and egg yolk.
- 13Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat and add butter.
- 15Spread when slightly cooled but still warm.
- 16To assemble cooled cake:.
- 17Thickly frost the cake with all of the Chiffon frosting mixture.
- 18Glaze the top of the cake with lilikoi gel.
- 19Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Lilikoi Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: