Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is so yummy! I found it online at a Hawai'i wedding site.
Make and share this Layered Lilikoi Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagemoist yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups lilikoi juice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Lilikoi Chiffon Frosting
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup lilikoi juice (concentrate, thawed, undiluted)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Lilikoi Gel Topping
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces lilikoi juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To make cake:.
- Bake cake according to package directions substituting lilikoi juice for water.
- For chiffon:.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until lemon-colored; add Lilikoi juice, place in saucepan and cook over low-to-medium heat until thick, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- Whip cream and vanilla, then fold into Lilikoi mixture.
- Frost sides of cake; cover top with Lilikoi topping.
- Makes enough to frost one cake.
- If layering an 11-by-13-inch cake, double this recipe.
- For Gel Topping:.
- Mix cornstarch with water to dissolve all lumps.
- Add salt, Lilikoi and lemon juices and egg yolk.
- Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Spread when slightly cooled but still warm.
- To assemble cooled cake:.
- Thickly frost the cake with all of the Chiffon frosting mixture.
- Glaze the top of the cake with lilikoi gel.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.