Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember having this until probably the 1970's, but once mom started making it, the salad was a favorite dish to take to potlucks.
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded fine
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml celery
- 118.29 ml green pepper
- 453.59 g frozen peas, thawed with hot water but not cooked, then cooled
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml sugar
Spread over last layer and sprinkle over that
- 226.79 g cheese, grated
- 8 slice bacon, fried, then crumbled over cheese
- Layer vegetables.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and sugar.
- Spread over vegetables, then sprinkle over that the cheese and bacon.
- Seal tightly and allow to stand for 24 hours before serving.