Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember having this until probably the 1970's, but once mom started making it, the salad was a favorite dish to take to potlucks.
- 1 small head lettuce, shredded fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 16 ounces frozen peas, thawed with hot water but not cooked, then cooled
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Spread over last layer and sprinkle over that
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, fried, then crumbled over cheese
- Layer vegetables.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and sugar.
- Spread over vegetables, then sprinkle over that the cheese and bacon.
- Seal tightly and allow to stand for 24 hours before serving.