Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
If you like Lemon Meringue Pie, you should try this. It is wonderful. The original recipe called for instant lemon pudding but I prefer the cooked variety. Also excellent using chocolate pudding (instant or cooked). Any time I take this to a church dinner, there is never any left.
Top Review by FLUFFSTER
I have made this several times and have forgotten to review it! My apologies! This is a fabulous dessert! I couldn't improve on it al all. Since there is only me, I always make it for pot lucks, or when I'm having company. I will try the chocolate version next.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 2 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, butter& chopped pecans together like biscuit dough and press into 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped topping and spread over first layer while still warm.
- Stir lemon pudding mix, sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan. Stir in 2 cups water. Stirring constantly, with wire whisk, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. (NOTE: if you are using instant pudding or a different flavor, use the ingredients & directions for preparation on the package!).
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Cool about 30 minutes more and spread over two previous layers. Cool completely and top with remaining whipped topping.