Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like Lemon Meringue Pie, you should try this. It is wonderful. The original recipe called for instant lemon pudding but I prefer the cooked variety. Also excellent using chocolate pudding (instant or cooked). Any time I take this to a church dinner, there is never any left.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix flour, butter& chopped pecans together like biscuit dough and press into 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped topping and spread over first layer while still warm.
- Stir lemon pudding mix, sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan. Stir in 2 cups water. Stirring constantly, with wire whisk, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. (NOTE: if you are using instant pudding or a different flavor, use the ingredients & directions for preparation on the package!).
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Cool about 30 minutes more and spread over two previous layers. Cool completely and top with remaining whipped topping.
I made this and added lemon zest to the cream cheese and used graham crackers for the crust it turned out so good. Making it for Thanksgiving.
I doubled this and made it exactly as it says except I used splenda....It was really good and everyone enjoyed it.
excellent dessert! i made the lemon, and it was great! i had eaten it at a relatives house and decided to try to make it myself. it was easy and evereyone loved it! i used the pudding that had to be cooked, it was delicious. the lemon flavor is not overwhelming, that is what is good about it.