Recipe by Lorac
The perfect party, potluck, picnic, portable pasta salad. Cook time for eggs or pasta not included.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked & drained fresh corn kernels w/2 tbls each finely chopped green & red peppers)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced,divided
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, divided (4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together sour cream, chilies and cumin until well blended.
- Place 3 of the noodles across bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Over noodles, evenly layer 1/2 cup of the corn, 1 1/3 cups of the lettuce and 3/4 cup of the salsa.
- Evenly layer with slices from 5 of the eggs and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers substituting sour cream mixture for salsa.
- Repeat layers again with remaining ingredients using 3/4 cup of the salsa and remaining 2 eggs.
- Dollop with the remaining 1/4 cup salsa.
- Cover and chill to blend flavors.
- To serve, cut into squares.