Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a local tea room where I was the baker for awhile. It is a little different from others posted because it is a layer cake with filling and frosting.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hot chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- For cake cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time then vanilla and Baileys.
- Add remaining ingredients; if batter is too thick add a little milk, it should resemble basic cake batter.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 greased pan and bake at 300 degrees for 60 minutes. When cake is done remove from oven and cool completely before filling and icing.
- For filling mix butter and Baileys then powder sugar.
- For icing, Melt chocolate chip and butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup.
- Split cake into two layers, place filling between layers and finish with icing.
This cake was one of those that i did everything to mess it up and it still turned out great!I mistakenly copied out 1 cup of butter for the filling instead of half cup, and it was not looking great. So i had resigned myself to thinking that this would be one of those cakes that sound great but didn't work out so great. I took a bite expecting the worst from the filling but i was very pleasantly surprised by the way everything just worked soo well together. The cake is absolutely delicious and i know the next time i make it with the RIGHT amount of butter, its going to be a crowd pleaser!
This is an amazing cake Petdrwife. A rich, moist, dense chocolate cake with a delicious irish cream filling topped with a very sweet chocolate frosting. This cake is well worth all the extra effort. My family & I loved this cake... thank you so much for sharing....Kudos