Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great low fat summer dessert.
- 12 unfilled ladyfingers
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or 1 pint chocolate frozen yogurt, slightly softened
- 2 cups non-dairy whipped topping, whipped stiff
- chocolate syrup (for drizzling)
- Tear off two 20-inch lengths of aluminum foil.
- Place on top of each other and fold over sides to make 9-inch wide strip.
- Fit into 9x5-inch loaf pan, letting ends extend above long sides of pan to cover top when filled.
- Split ladyfingers apart and separate tops from bottoms.
- Spoon raspberry sherbet into foil lined loaf pan. With back of spoon, press into even layer.
- Arrange 12 ladyfinger halves over sherbet (make 4 rows with 3 ladyfingers each).
- Top with even layer of vanilla ice cream.
- Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers and chocolate ice cream.
- Fold foil tightly over top of loaf.
- Freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To serve, fold back foil.
- Loosen ends from pan with thin knife.
- Holding foil, carefully lift load from pan and invert onto serving dish.
- Just before serving, spread whipped cream over top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Its a nice one except for the ladyfingers.