1/20 Photos of Layered Ice Cream " Cake"
1 hr 25 mins
Bettee Crocker's Note:
This is so good! and it has no cake in it. Someone saw the one I made and didn't believe I made it! I can't even believe I made it! It's so easy, all you need besides the ingredients is a springform pan, wax paper, and cooking spray. I love this recipe because there are infinite ways you can change what you use--I used different caramel type ice creams the first time I made it. Instead of pints, I just bought the larger ice creams because they were the same price. I just measured out the size of a pint-which is 2 cups. Next time I am going to use cheesecake filling, strawberry gel, and strawberry cheesecake ice cream! There are endless possibilities! I got the recipe from a Family Circle magazine, and the recipe makes a neopolitan-like cake, but you can change the ice creams to whatever you want! Great for a hot summer's day, and it's a fun way to eat your favorite ice creams!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1**You can use any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt you want-be creative!**.
- 2Coat bottom and side of a 9-inch round springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line side with waxed paper, using spray to help adhere to pan. Trim paper to height of pan.
- 3Finely crush 12 Oreos in a food processor. Add milk; pulse just until mixture holds together. Set aside.
- 4Unwrap 4 ice cream sandwiches. Working quickly, cut each in quarters (cut once horizontally, once vertically). Stack strips of sandwiches on end, packing them snugly together, around wax-paper-lined pan. Repeat with remaining sandwiches to form a stand-up edge. Spoon cookie crumbs into center of pan; press firmly over bottom. Freeze 1 hour.
- 5Remove all 3 flavors of ice cream or frozen yogurt from freezer and let soften for 15 minutes at room temperature. Transfer mint ice cream to a small bowl and stir until good but firm spreading consistency. Repeat with vanilla and strawberry. Remove pan from freezer. Spread mint ice cream on bottom, then top with vanilla and strawberry, spreading all layers at level. Top with thawed whipped topping, swirling top decoratively. Crush remaining 3 Oreos and sprinkle over cake. Return to freezer; freeze overnight.
- 6To serve, remove side of pan, then waxed paper. Cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Ice Cream " Cake"
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 167.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ice cream sandwiches
mint chocolate chip ice cream