This is a variation on the traditional cranberry/pineapple salad; red and green layers with a cream cheese layer in between. My mom makes this at Christmas and/or Thanksgiving and I can't stop eating it. Would be good for potlucks, too. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz container)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1Dissolve red jello in 1 cup boiling water and stir in half the can of pineapple and all of the can of whole berry cranberry sauce.
- 2Spread in bottom of 9x13 glass dish and chill until partially set.
- 3Combine sour cream and cream cheese and spread over red jello layer.
- 4In a separate bowl, dissolve green jello in 1 cup boiling water and stir in the remaining half can of pineapple; chill until partially set.
- 5Spread over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or several hours until completely set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Holiday Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g