Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a variation on the traditional cranberry/pineapple salad; red and green layers with a cream cheese layer in between. My mom makes this at Christmas and/or Thanksgiving and I can't stop eating it. Would be good for potlucks, too. Yum!
- 1 (6 ounce) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained, divided
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz container)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- Dissolve red jello in 1 cup boiling water and stir in half the can of pineapple and all of the can of whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Spread in bottom of 9x13 glass dish and chill until partially set.
- Combine sour cream and cream cheese and spread over red jello layer.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve green jello in 1 cup boiling water and stir in the remaining half can of pineapple; chill until partially set.
- Spread over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or several hours until completely set.
Really good! Made this for Christmas dinner. Was a little concerned about the kids eating the cream cheese and sour cream layer but all three picky guys gobbled it down. Very pretty, especially when cut and arranged on a tray. Will make this one again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!