Recipe by Courtly
this sounds sooooooooooo yummy! its from taste of home
Top Review by Alesha Ann
WOW! This is phenomenal! The different layers make it very appealing to the eye, as well as tasty. For the topping I used white chocolate chips and left out the coffee granules. I am a coffee drinker, but some of the people that were having the dessert are not. I brought it up to work, so poured the topping over it and sprinkled with the toasted nuts rather than having it on the side. The topping hardened a little but was sooo incredible! I highly recommend this! It's wonderful! I got rave reviews at work too :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces finely copped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla chips or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter into thirds.
- Into one portion, stir in hazelnuts.
- Pour over crust.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- Into second portion, gradually tir in melted chocolate.
- Spoon over bottom layer.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
- Spoon remaining batter over top.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, combine vanilla chips, water, corn syrup and coffe granules in a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Serve cheesecake with topping; garnish with hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers.