Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
this sounds sooooooooooo yummy! its from taste of home
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces finely copped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla chips or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter into thirds.
- Into one portion, stir in hazelnuts.
- Pour over crust.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
- Into second portion, gradually tir in melted chocolate.
- Spoon over bottom layer.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until set.
- Spoon remaining batter over top.
- Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, combine vanilla chips, water, corn syrup and coffe granules in a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
- Serve cheesecake with topping; garnish with hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
WOW! This is phenomenal! The different layers make it very appealing to the eye, as well as tasty. For the topping I used white chocolate chips and left out the coffee granules. I am a coffee drinker, but some of the people that were having the dessert are not. I brought it up to work, so poured the topping over it and sprinkled with the toasted nuts rather than having it on the side. The topping hardened a little but was sooo incredible! I highly recommend this! It's wonderful! I got rave reviews at work too :)