This recipe originally called for ground beef, but we now try to avoid red meat and have discovered we enjoy the dish every bit as well with ground turkey. Who knew cabbage could be so delicious?!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a 5-quart dutch oven over medium heat. Cook cabbage with salt until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
- 2Cook ground turkey and onion in large skillet until juices evaporate and meat is well-browned. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, water and rice. Heat to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 9 x 13 baking pan, layer 1/2 of the meat sauce, 1/2 of the cooked cabbage, and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat.
- 5Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Ground Turkey and Cabbage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 1056.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 21.6 g