1/1 Photo of Layered Green Bean-Red Potato Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Lazy Chef 2's Note:
Found this in Southern Living 2005...and it is truly a find! Make sure to use the white wine vinegar...Enjoy!! Please note that this recipe needs a minimum of 4 hours chill time and is even better if made the day before. The 4 hours is not in the 50 mins of cook time which DOES include the standing time for the potatoes. Also I do not add any salt as we are watching our sodium intake...no one ever commented...the dressing is so good! Edited...after the review I am adding the dijon mustard as optional...however...I will never make it without! The beauty of zaar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/8-inch slices and quartered
- 1Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl until blended; cover and chill.
- 2Bring potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, and let stand 25 minutes at room temperature or until cool. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain, and plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry.
- 4Layer half of potato slices in a large glass bowl; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Layer half each of green beans and onions over potatoes; spoon half of dressing evenly over top. Repeat layers, ending with dressing. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 5*2 (12-ounce) bags fresh ready-to-cook trimmed green beans may be substituted.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Green Bean-Red Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.0
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 696.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar