1/1 Photo of Layered Ginger Chicken Dip
Leslie in Texas's Note:
An Asian interpretation of the layered dips that are so popular! This always goes quickly whenever I've made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken (shredded or chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrot (grated or finely diced)
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced, with some tops
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1For the sauce: Combine the water, brown sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix well.
- 2Cook over medium heat until the brown sugar and cornstarch dissolve, stirring frequently.
- 3Stir in the catsup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce; simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 4Let stand until cool.
- 5For the chicken layer: Combine the chicken,carrots,peanuts, and green onions in a bowl and mix well.
- 6Stir in the soy sauce,cilantro,gingerroot,sesame oil, and garlic.
- 7Chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
- 8For the cheese layer: Beat the cream cheese with the milk until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- 9To assemble: Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of a flat 12 inch plate.
- 10Spread with the chicken mixture.
- 11Drizzle the sauce from a spoon over the chicken layer in a decorative pattern.
- 12Chill, covered, until serving time.
- 13Serve with rice crackers.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Ginger Chicken Dip
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 468.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g