Recipe by GingerlyJ
This came from a Betty Crocker Diabetes Cookbook.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Fresh, tasty, and the leftovers keep in the fridge even with the dressing on them. Great salad to make and have on hand for meals throughout the week! I made it even more low calorie by only using 1/4 cup of oil and omitting the croutons. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bagmediterranean lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced beet
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In tightly covered container, shake all vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
- In large glass bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper and onion and beets Pour vinaigrette over top. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors. Sprinkle eggs and croutons over salad. Toss before serving.