Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a Betty Crocker Diabetes Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bagmediterranean lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced (2 cups)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced beet
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- In tightly covered container, shake all vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
- In large glass bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper and onion and beets Pour vinaigrette over top. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors. Sprinkle eggs and croutons over salad. Toss before serving.
Fresh, tasty, and the leftovers keep in the fridge even with the dressing on them. Great salad to make and have on hand for meals throughout the week! I made it even more low calorie by only using 1/4 cup of oil and omitting the croutons. Thanks for sharing this recipe!