Recipe by Margie99
This sounds good--it's like a veggie and meat taco lasagna.
Top Review by Boomette
I used only 1 large green bell pepper. I probably added more corn than requested. I had large tortillas so I needed only 4. I made a mistake by adding the cheese on top before putting it in the oven. I guess it's still ok as it's so good. I added chili powder cause the salsa I used was mild and I thought it would be great in it. Thanks Margie :) Made for 123 hit wonders
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown meat with peppers in a large skillet; drain. Return meat mixture to the pan and stir in salsa, tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon 1 cup of the meat mixture onto the bottom a a 13x9-inch" pan, top with 6 tortillas, overlapping as necessary. Spoon half of the remaining meat mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Top with the remaining 6 tortillas and then the rest of the meat mixture. Cover it with foil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the oven, uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.