Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One dish meal, that makes good use of garden vegetables.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small fresh green pepper
- 1 small fresh red pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa (heat of your liking)
- 12 -15 small fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn, removed from cob (or 1 can corn)
- 1 large pitted olive, canned, sliced in half
- 3 -4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 12 small flour tortillas
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat,drain. Saute peppers,onions and garlic. Add salsa, tomatoes, corn and olives, salt and pepper to taste, simmer for about 5 minutes. Using a 13x9 glass dish spray with pam and spread one cup of meat mixture around bottom of dish. Cover bottom completely with 1/2 the tortillas, spread 1/2 meat mixture over tortillas, then 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers tortillas-meat mixture leaving off the cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and bottom is starting to brown. Take out of oven and top with remaining cheese, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
My family really enjoyed this...the reason for the 4 stars is we thought there were too many olives...next time we will cut them to half the amount called for. The flavor was great and even the kids liked it. Thank you for sharing!!
This is really a terrific casserole! Quick and Easy...perfect for a work night! I added a chopped jalapeno to peppers and onions, used frozen corn and a combo jack/cheddar for the shredded cheese. Thanks for a great recipe Shidal! Katie