Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and Delicious. You can make this healthier by using low fat cheese. My husband raved for hours after he had helped me polish the entire thing off. I made it with my Spanish Rice recipe which uses 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce as well.
- 3 wheat flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine grilled shredded chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1 cup of enchilada sauce.
- In a baking dish, place one tortilla along the bottom. Add half of the chicken mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat with another tortilla, the remaining chicken and 1/3 of the cheese. Place a tortilla on top, cover with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown (about 30 minutes).