Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make, cooks in the microwave, great to take to pot-lucks. Favorite Mexican flavors.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Microwave beef to brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in beans, seasoning mix and 1 cup water.
- Cook on HIGH 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Pour tomato sauce into bowl.
- Dip both sides of tortillas (cut up if necessary) in sauce.
- Layer beef mixture and tortillas in microwave safe 13 x 9" dish.
- (make 2-3 layers of meat/tortillas.) Sprinkle cheese over all.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Cook on MEDIUM-HIGH 10 minutes, turning dish once.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream, and sliced black olives.